Established in December 2014, the Centre is an academic unit for theoretical and applied research and educational activities in the fields of global economics, international economic relations, foreign direct investments (FDI), and the activities of transnational corporations in the global and national economy.
Main tasks of the Centre:
- Performs theoretical and empirical research on globalization issues, FDI, politics in FDI on the global scientific level by applying teamwork, project and programme principles;
- Attracts and brings together faculty from different departments of UE-Varna for research in the given scientific field and gradually develops FDI into one of the main scientific priorities of UE-Varna;
- Attracts external researchers in the development of different projects – well-known Bulgarian economists and foreign FDI specialists;
- Organizes scientific conferences, roundtables, and other scientific forums in order to promote research results and to raise the prestige of UE-Varna as a major research centre;
- Builds sustainable relationships with public bodies at local and national level and uses the results of its research to influence the Bulgarian policy on FDI;
- Establishes lasting relationships with other research centres in the country and abroad and builds research networks;
- Stimulates scientific research of students and PhD candidates in the given thematic field; enriches the learning process in covering the processes of globalization of the economy, the movement of FDI and other important economic processes.
Director: Prof. Zoya Mladenova, PhD
Mobile Phone: +359 882 164726